Governance and Policies
The Ipswich Public Library makes exhibit cases and other suitable areas available for display of materials that support Library programs and services. Of special interest to the Library are exhibits that promote its collections, services, and programs, as well as historical items significant to the Town of Ipswich or the region. To cultivate artistic and creative endeavors Ipswich residents are also encouraged to display their art works at the Library.
Responsibility for the selection of exhibits rests with the Assistant Library Director in consultation with the Library Director. All exhibits, whether generated by the library staff or the public, will be considered in terms of the criteria presented below. The Assistant Director will revise and edit press releases and other methods of promotion to assure that they do not imply endorsement by the Library of artistic, social, or political viewpoints associated with the exhibit.
Exhibits approved for display in the Library should be consistent with the Library Mission Statement.
The usual display period is one month. Space is available on a first come, first served basis. An inventory of all items in the exhibit should be provided upon installation.
- An application for exhibit should be obtained from the Assistant Library Director and submitted at least two months prior to the proposed exhibit date.
- Exhibitor must complete the attached application form and sign the release prior to installation.
- The Assistant Library Director will review all applications.
- Applicants will be informed of the status of their applications by phone and will be provided with a confirmed time and date of installation.
- Exhibit items should be brought to the Library ready to install, accompanied with appropriate identification labels, and inventory of all items to be exhibited.
- The Assistant Director will publicize exhibits with the local newspapers.
- The exhibitor is responsible for dismantling the exhibit when the display period is completed.
Approved by the Board of Library Trustees of the Ipswich Public Library on June 16, 2003