Governance and Policies
The “attached form” mentioned on Number 13 of the following Policy is available only at the Director’s office. You may call Library Director, Victor Dyer, at 978.356.6649 for details.
POLICY FOR MEETINGS IN THE COLLINS ROOM
- The Collins Meeting Room is intended to provide a meeting place, free of charge, not only for the Library and related organizations, but also for all non‐profit organizations engaged in civic, educational, cultural, intellectual and charitable activities, as well as for town boards and elected or appointed political committees.
- In scheduling use of the room, subject to review by the Library Director, priority will be given on a first‐come/first served basis as follows:
- The Library
- Library‐related groups
- Non‐profit organizations in Ipswich
- Town boards and elected or appointed town political committees, when space is not available in Town Hall or other regular meeting places.
- Generally, non‐Library reservations will not be accepted more than a month in advance of the scheduled meeting.
- There is no limit on the number of times an organization can schedule use of the room if the time is available.
- Meetings of Town boards and committees must be open to the public and meet all other requirements of the Open Meeting Law.
- Commercial solicitations are not permitted.
- Light refreshments may be served, but smoking and alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
- The maximum seating capacity of the room is sixty‐five people.
- Meetings must end by 10:00 PM.
- The Collins Room, its kitchen, and all Library facilities must be left in the condition in which they are found. Any damage to the building or equipment must be reported promptly.
- A responsible custodian, designated or approved by the Library Director, must be on duty during any meeting held when the Library is closed.
- Before leaving the building, all groups using the room are responsible for informing the custodian that they are vacating the building and that he may activate the alarm system.
- Reservation requests must be made to the Director's office on the attached form by an authorized officer or member of the organization. The person signing the application assumes responsibility for the conduct of the group and the protection of Library property.
- Organizations must provide a certificate of general liability insurance naming the town as additional named insured.
- The Library neither advocates nor endorses the viewpoints of Collins Meeting Room users.
Revised by the Board of Library Trustees of the Ipswich Public Library on September 15, 2003
Revised by the Board of Library Trustees of the Ipswich Public Library October 27, 2008